How to make your first move a smooth move
Contrary to popular belief, the art of home removal is a stress free one. In all honesty, it is a stressful process which can take up to two months to get life and soul together. A process that entails hiring a reputable home removal company, then unpacking your worldly goods at your next home.
Many of us tend to move house due to educational or occupational needs. For example, switching from your family to Halls of Residences to shared student flats, and your first home to call your own. Improvement employment prospects in one area could mean another reason to move house. Family life is another, whether upgrading or downsizing. According to Zoopla, the average Briton in their three score and ten years or so years of their life moves house eight times. That’s akin to changing your home every nine to ten years.
Like late night taxis, Great Western trains to London Paddington, or the toll at Severn Bridge, finding a good home removal firm is a distress purchase. It is a necessity. We at Simply Removals Bristol can take the distress out of your purchase with our handy guide.
Home Removal Tips
- Give Simply Removals Bristol a call on 0117 287 2152. We can offer you a superb deal with a choice of vehicles to suit all kinds of house moves. Packaging is also available. We shall discuss your packaging requirements.
- Once you’ve planned a suitable date for your move, go to the Royal Mail’s website and look for the Moving Home page. From there, you can redirect your post to your new address.
- If needed, change the postal address to your new one on all of your online shopping and banking accounts.
- If you still have your newspapers or milk delivered to your door, cancel all deliveries with effect from the day of your move.
- If your family are the only occupants, turn off the water, gas and electricity mains.
- Pack all of your belongings.
- Double check to see if you haven’t forgotten anything: valuables, children, animals, etc.
- If you have any children and/or pets, arrange pet sitting or babysitting services for the day of your home removal.
- On moving day, make sure you have plenty of food and drink to cover the whole day. Factor in stops at local bars, restaurants, or cafés if you prefer to eat out.
- Have a moving day essentials bag.
Thought the art of a successful home removal goes beyond our ten points, these are the Ten Most Important Points you need to consider. Whether you have already planned your future move or wish to contact us on 0117 287 2152, we wish you well in your next move. If the move’s your first one or your fifteenth, we understand how stressful it may be. Good luck.
Simply Removals Bristol, 19 October 2016.