Famous quotes and sayings applicable to the joys of moving house
Stepping Out: the couple seems to be smiling at our selection of quotes, as well as their new pad. Image by Syda Productions (via Shutterstock).
Now for something completely different to our usual blog posts. This time, we look at a selection of motivational quotes and sayings which are equally applicable to the joys of moving house.
- “There are no wrong turns, only unexpected paths.” – Mark Nepo
Mark Nepo is a New York based spiritual poet. The ‘unexpected paths’ could be the new friends we make in our new desirable residence. Or it could be the lack of traffic at Redland in the morning peak.
- “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” – Muhammed Ali
The late great Muhammed Ali, boxing legend, poet and raconteur. This could apply to taking steps towards your first move.
- “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
Many of us would have come across J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings series of books. In his view, wandering could be one leg of a journey. Or one of several quotes about moving house.
- “Life is a field of unlimited possibilities.” – Deepak Chopra
Deepak Chopra is an Indian-American author and an advocate of alternative medicine. The unlimited possibilities could refer to the new town, city, or district you are moving to.
- “There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow, so today is the right day to love, believe, do and mostly live.” – Dalai Lama
The fourteen and present Dalai Lama is Tenzin Gyatso. Of the moving house themed quotes, this in others could mean, forget yesterday and live for today. With love and focus, of course.
We hope your move will be a happy one, whether you take heed of these quotes or think otherwise.