Could a Monday move be a better plan than moving on a Friday?
Here’s a little question for you: which is the most popular day for moving house? Monday? Nope. Saturday? Definitely not. Right, here’s a clue: what was Chris Evans’ late-1990s teatime show known as on Channel Four? read more →
Seaside towns no longer the preserve of elderly residents due to house prices
The Great British seaside resort. A part of the world derided by some as ailing, uninspiring, and full of elderly residents. According to a survey from My Home Move, elderly people are shunning the likes of Weston-super-Mare and Torquay due to house prices. Potential homeowners moving to Whitstable are likely to be in their mid-40s.
The twelve seaside resorts that have ranked highly in My Home Move’s findings are:
- Margate: noted for the recently reopened Dreamland amusement park and the Turner Gallery;
- Torquay: a bustling shopping centre and resort, ideally placed for the Torbay resorts and the city of Exeter;
- Whitstable: noted for its oysters and coloured beach huts, as well as being commutable to Central London;
- Leigh-on-Sea: one of the most easterly points of the London, Tilbury, and Southend railway line to Fenchurch Street;
- Aldeburgh and Woodbridge: the former noted for its classical music festival; the latter, the birthplace of Brian Eno and its harbour;
- Bournemouth: a must for lovers of sand, sea, and shops. Also served by fast trains to London;
- Poole: Bournemouth’s industrial neighbour with a maritime history. Also covers the ultra-exclusive Sandbanks village, home to its moneyed residents;
- Skegness: popular with many holidaymakers from Sheffield and Nottingham. Quiet outside the summer season;
- Weston-super-Mare: a bus ride away from Bristol, Weston is a splendid seaside resort with a mix of flat and hilly terrain;
- Clacton-on-Sea: though close to London by train, house prices are half that of many of the resorts in the survey;
- Bognor Regis: close to the Isle of Wight, and the city of Chichester. Well known for the Butlins holiday camp.
- Eastbourne: East Sussex seaside resort noted for its iconic bandstand, pier, and the Carpet Gardens.
Most of the seaside resorts detailed above have direct train services to Central London. Could the London commuting belt be wider, with potential purchasers choosing cheaper homes? (Though offset by dearer season ticket prices).
How to make your first move a smooth move
Contrary to popular belief, the art of home removal is a stress free one. In all honesty, it is a stressful process which can take up to two months to get life and soul together. A process that entails hiring a reputable home removal company, then unpacking your worldly goods at your next home.
Moving House Efficiently
Moving house can be a very stressful process and if you are dreading the big moving day, there are ways that you can make sure that the day runs as smoothly as is possible. The best way to do this is by using a reliable and helpful company specialising in removals Bristol wide, that can show you how to move house efficiently.
To move house efficiently you will want to get there as quickly as possible as well as in as few trips as possible. A more experienced removals company will know the best way to do this, both in terms of the best way to transport everything; which order, how to load and unload and the best routes to take in order to get to your new location quickly. As well as making sure that they are be experienced, a good way of ensuring that they work time efficiently is to use a company that is local to the area, or a company who are used to operating in the local area. They will be more accustomed to the roads and transport system as well as know the areas of avoid due to low bridges or traffic.
Moving everything in one go can be a long and complicated process, and many people are choosing to unpack in stages to ensure that they get everything in order. This is why there is a large demand for storage Bristol wide, so that people can keep their possessions safe in the short term whilst they make sure that they are putting everything where they want it. This is also a good idea for those wanting to do some work on the new house which would be made more complicated with more items around. Removals companies can also transport your possessions to the most appropriate storage facility and unload them there, for you to pick up whenever you want them.
Lastly, a good quality removals company will be able to give you advice in advance, in how to package your items best to ensure they will not be damaged, the best order to move them in and which items you should prioritise in unloading.